"Somewhere along the way, we lost something very important. Our belief in the Sea, as a source of prosperity"
Turning back to the sea means getting more people excited about what our coastal regions have to offer, and growing a new generation of innovative coastal and marine businesses. GOBLU3 puts people in control so they can shape local priorities, value their greatest assets, and vitalize their shorelines.
Without the necessary support, communities and businesses are struggling to make the most of their Sea's abundant potential, for cleaner energy, food and energy. And without the appropriate resources, local authorities are discouraged from innovating in more sustainable ways to protect homes and businesses from climate change. Healthier and more productive seas can be an engine for more and better jobs in the future. Focusing on these priorities, through innovation and greater investment in building expertise and capacity in our coastal communities, has the potential to support additional jobs, and address food shortages.
- Promote regional stewardships, through the creation of regional alliances, comprised of different sector stakeholders resulting in the creation of localized action committee's.
- Empower the Dive Industry professionals, to partake in a green-blue revolution. By making training programs; tools, understanding and support, available to enforce direct localized action.
- Create a tech platform that will:
- Facilitate the dissemination of training programs
- Provide open source access to monitoring data
- Create up to date ocean health reports
- Provide fundraising for socio/environmental projects.